At Healthcare Compliance Pros, we strive to provide the expertise and tools necessary to ensure compliance with the regulatory burdens that our clients face. We take a unique and integrative approach to identify our client’s specific needs but also keep our finger on the pulse of the vast regulatory environment that impacts all of our clients. Our programs are founded on a commitment to offer personalized support using our tailored service for each client. All of us at HCP have a stake in this proactive approach to mitigating risk. To continue to provide this level of service and expertise to our growing client base, we are looking for an experienced and versatile Senior Compliance Consultant to join our Compliance Department.
Our ideal candidate has experience with all aspects of healthcare compliance, including, but not limited to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Corporate Compliance programs including Fraud, Waste and Abuse, and Human Resource laws. The senior compliance consultant will be instrumental in creating and developing the core compliance resources offered by Healthcare Compliance Pros.
· Act as the virtual compliance officer for certain assigned accounts
· Responsible for production and research of compliance topics including course content, form content, reference guide content, and content contained in individual online tools and assessments
· Participate in and support the performance of client audits, both onsite and virtually, regarding compliance in the areas of HIPAA, Corporate Compliance, and OSHA
· Participate in and support online compliance webinars regarding compliance
· Responsible for production of assigned article development
· Responsible for compliance-related issues on assigned existing client accounts
· Responsible for client responses to assigned compliance issues, including Security Risk Analysis review, Corporate Compliance Assessment review, and breach mitigation
· Responsible for providing backup phone and email support, including coverage when assigned
· Coordinate with Director of Compliance regarding sales and referral opportunities with existing clients
· Other additional duties as assigned by the Director of Compliance
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Healthcare, or a relevant field
- 5+ years of compliance experience in a healthcare setting
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills, including the ability to articulate difficult concepts understandably to a variety of audiences
- Ability to present ideas and information effectively in front of committees and large groups, virtually or in-person
- Strong project management skills with the ability to follow-through on the execution of tasks and demonstrate an ability to stay the course despite obstacles and challenges
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in virtual team settings
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders in a virtual environment
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to achieve goals
- Ability to affect change while maintaining positive relationships
- Highly developed analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize work and self-manage
- Ability to navigate through difficult situations
- Strong working knowledge of all areas of healthcare compliance
- Master's degree in Business, Healthcare, or a relevant field
- Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC)
- Experience interacting with physicians and healthcare administrators regarding regulatory compliance
- Proven presentation/writing skills at the local, regional, and national level of relevant healthcare organizations (i.e., MGMA, AAOE, HCCA, AAPC, etc.)
- Knowledge and proficiency in Salesforce, Zoom, Skype
Working at Healthcare Compliance Pros
Since 2010, our platform has helped healthcare industry leaders across the country comply with regulatory requirements. We empower our clients to build programs with our tools and expertise, to manage both internal and external regulatory risks. HCP employees come to work every day, knowing they are helping our clients build a compliance program that will protect patients, employees, and their organization.
Healthcare Compliance Pros is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to LMaddox@hcp.md or Careers@hcp.md.