Device clinic nurse responsibilities include device monitoring of pacemaker, ICDs, loop recorders both in office and from remote monitors. Providing timely interpreted results to the providers as needed to allow optimal patient care. Additional duties include wound care check, education of patient/families regarding device and home monitoring equipment and scheduling follow up patient appointments
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manages cardiac device patients and documents in EHR and schedule follow up appointments
- Test cardiac devices for battery life and integrity of device and leads; Interrogate and reprogram cardiac devices to ensure optimal function
- Call patients in a timely manner to notify if home monitor gets disconnected or contact patient of any abnormal finding on remote transmission.
- Generates pacemaker preliminary reports for physician review and interpretation.
- Reviews patient records, charts regularly to ensure optimal patient care
- Communicates all findings to the Providers
- Remote monitoring of patients with an implanted cardiac device
- Provide comprehensive education to the patients, family, caregivers regarding implanted device and home monitors
- Practice confidentiality and privacy protocols in accordance with Practice policies and HIPAA regulations
- Adheres to Patient Alerts in Patient charts/EMR and adds alerts as appropriate
- Any other assigned duties as deemed necessary by Management
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness and ability to accept direction and maintain effective working relationships with management.
- Must be able to complete assignments independently and to work as part of a team
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact with co-workers, supervisors, patients, vendors and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Licensed practical nurse or registered nurse
- Must have the experience and knowledge to recognize patients' heart rhythms
- Knowledge of cardiac medicines is preferred
- Intermediate computer proficiency
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity, such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
- Prolonged work on a computer.
- Occasional travel to the satellite clinic is required
Send resumes to:
Tulika Vohra, SHRM-CP
HR Business Partner
Parkway Cardiology Associates
80 Vermont Ave, Oak Ridge, TN 37830