FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: VP Business Office Services
Job Specifics: Mon-Fri/Full-time
Location: Nashville Area
- Direct the billing functions in accordance with current acceptable accounting and cost reimbursement principles relating to the long-term care industry
- Supervise billing, coinsurance billing, Appeals, TAR’s, etc.
- Direct staff involved in Medicare, HMO and private billing, correspondence and follow-up.
- Responsible for overseeing month-end procedures: post charges/ancillaries, Medicare claims, and process month-end closing reports
- Responsible for meeting Accounts Receivable aging goals.
- Work with other departments to maintains accurate billing records in the accounts receivable system.
- Maintain patient privacy and follow all HIPAA laws and other facility policies
- Responsible for resident trust accounting and compliance with government regulations and company policy.
- Creates a positive and motivating working environment.
- Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Value’s other team member’s contributions and time.
- Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of departmental work.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- 10+ years of experience in SNF Medicare/Medicaid billing is required.
- Previous experience in medical billing is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Medicare and HMO billing requirements and procedures is required.
Resumes welcomed at:
Cumberland Search, LLC