The Practice Manager reports directly to the Physician Owners of Chattanooga Ear Nose and Throat Associates and is responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of the Medical Practices located in Chattanooga and Ooltewah, Tennessee.
Chattanooga Ear Nose and Throat is a growing, reputable and established single specialty Otolaryngology (ENT) group practice consisting of 4 physicians, 3 advanced practice providers (2 PAs and 1 Nurse Practitioner) and 2 Audiologists.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
Office Manager Responsibilities:
• Motivates and develops staff encouraging a collaborative work environment while fostering a positive and team-oriented culture.
• Assures delivery of exceptional customer service standards to our patients, physicians, and team members.
• Ensures that all policies and procedures are implemented to maintain and continuously improve existing operational practices.
• Assesses staffing level appropriateness in business and clinical operations and adjusts as required.
• Provides appropriate orientation, training and support to current and newly hired employees.
• Participates in the interviewing, selection and hiring of new staff.
• Administers performance appraisals and provides feedback to staff on overall performance and expectations.
• Performs all Human Resources responsibilities including completion of all new hire paperwork.
• Complete responsibility for all employee timecard reconciliation and all biweekly payroll submission functions and attendance management.
• Complete oversight of Practice revenue cycle operations including but not limited to, accurate data entry of insurance information, oversight of coding and billing functions and assurance of timely follow up of all claims corrections, denials and rejections. Oversight of daily charge and payment posting to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
• Leads revenue cycle month end close process in conjunction with Billing Team and provides all necessary reports to offsite accountant to be distributed to physician partners.
• Performs all facility, provider and payer credentialing functions including but not limit to initial appointments, reappointments, CAQH attestations and all other required quarterly updates.
• Updates or makes changes to the physician schedules upon requests and assures that patient appointments are rescheduled appropriately, and staffing is available. Communicates any physician schedule changes to other provider and all employees.
• Works to continue to fully implement new EMR and practice management system to fully utilize all available functions and resources.
• Act as on-site accounts payable clerk, paying all invoices, reviewing statements and communicating with offsite accountant.
• Hold staff meetings/huddles and disseminates information and changes to employees in a consistent manner to ensure that all staff remain informed about new policies and procedures, insurance information, memos, etc.
Other Supervisory Expectations:
• Complies with all Federal and State HIPAA and OSHA guidelines
• Exhibits personal, professional accountability and code of conduct.
• Supports Physician management goals and objectives.
• Delivers results by setting and accomplishing key practice level, departmental and individual performance goals.
• Creates and performs in a high-performance environment characterized by positive leadership. Leads by example.
• Motivates staff to improve quantity and quality of work performed and provides training and development opportunities as appropriate.
• Analyzes problems, identifies alternative solutions, projects consequences of proposed actions and implements recommendations in support of goals.
• Communicates clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Office Manager builds effective relationships resulting in cohesive, cooperative and communicative work force within the organization.
• Maintains strict confidentiality.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
• Minimum of three years of hands on, day to day operational medical practice experience, along with prior supervisory/management experience in a medical practice.
• Extensive working knowledge of medical practice revenue cycle, including hands on knowledge of coding and billing processes.
• Working knowledge of E/M, CPT and ICD-10 coding and billing guidelines.
• Possesses the sense of discipline to work in accordance with accepted professional standards and benchmarks.
• Experience and knowledge of computer software applicable to the organization including Electronic Medical Records Systems and Practice Management Systems, MS Office Suite and other applicable programs.
• Comply with all regulatory requirements including OSHA, maintenance of clinical skills and certifications, etc.
• Capability of dealing tactfully and effectively with patients, family members, employees and physicians.
• Pertinent Federal, State and Local laws, codes and regulations.
Qualified candidates please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org