This is an Assistant Commissioner level position, reporting to the Tennessee Department of Health (TDH) Chief Medical Officer. The Community Health Services (CHS) Division includes county and regional health departments statewide, with over 2000 employees. CHS oversees provision of services at health departments in all Tennessee counties, including primary care clinical services at over 50 clinic sites. There are approximately 60 employees within CHS Central Office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate, recommend and support practices to optimally align Regional Health Department operations with TDH priorities, including long-range strategic planning for the Division.
- Provide day-to-day supervision of central office staff, including directors of Human Resources, Clinical Services, Billing and Operations Support, and Regional and Local Health.
- Supervise Regional Directors (RDs) in seven areas of the state (covering 89 counties), who in turn are responsible for all programs in their regional and county health departments.
- Monitor expenditures and revenue for an annual budget over $220 million.
- Work with TDH programs (including Family Health and Wellness, Communicable and Environmental Diseases and Emergency Preparedness, vital statistics, information technology, quality improvement, legal services, facilities management, and others) to coordinate implementation of their activities in regional and county health departments.
- Work closely with the CHS Medical Director to ensure high-quality care is provided in primary care and specialty clinics statewide.
- Provide executive-level management of clinical operations in TDH sites statewide, including continuous quality improvement to ensure efficient use of resources, appropriate patient flow, and maximization of access to care for the population served.
- Improve processes that foster teamwork to maximize customer satisfaction, and lead efforts in optimizing clinic activities; recruiting, retaining, and engaging a competent and high performing workforce; mentoring and succession planning; and promoting continuing education and professional development.
- Several years of experience at a senior level managing clinical and facilities operations in a large medical practice setting
- Work experience in public health
- Work experience in a government agency
- Excellent skills in written and verbal communication
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders including community organizations, the medical community, political groups, and other government agencies
- Experience managing large budgets which support a variety of programs and work sites
Interested candidates should send a Cover Letter and CV to:
5th Fl., Andrew Johnson Tower
710 James Robertson Pkwy.
Nashville, TN 37243