The Tennessee Medical Association, a nonprofit professional advocacy organization headquartered in Nashville, is looking to fill the full-time position of Director of Insurance Affairs. The position reports directly to the Senior Vice President and General Counsel and interacts with the legal and government affairs departments.
- Advocate for physicians with health insurance companies to assist them with reimbursement disputes
- Provide technical assistance to medical practices on health insurance billing and coding issues
- Advise legal and government affairs staff on provider reimbursement policy
- Represent TMA on health insurance company advisory committees
- Develop and manage health insurance plan - TMA relations
- Develop educational programs for physicians and medical group managers on topics related to state and federal reimbursement and payment reform issues
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required. The preferred candidate for the position will have healthcare billing and coding experience, either with a health insurer or medical practice background, and be a currently certified coder. Medical practice management experience and good presentation skills are pluses. The ideal candidate will also be advocacy-minded and be knowledgeable about state and federal healthcare payment reforms such as MACRA, MIPS, and the Tennessee Health Care Innovation Initiative.
Visit tnmed.org/careers for more information.
Interested applicants should submit cover letter and resume to:
Mr. Yarnell Beatty
Senior Vice President and General Counsel
Tennessee Medical Association